Wednesday, December 8, 2010

20 Shards of Glass A Day!

Yum! Blown glass pickles! Just like normal pickles with twice the nutritional value!

What's it like to eat nothing but ground up glass every day for two straight months?! We've asked Nino Schibetta, executive director of the Michigan Junk-as-Food Commission, to find out! His blog about the endeavor will be posted here, on Splatitudes, until the two months expire, but then, who knows? Maybe he'll continue posting quizzes and contests to bring attention to the nutritional value of shards of glass!

11/31/2010 17:11 -- Nino
I am so excited to start blogging about this experiment! One of my awesome coworkers is currently poring over the FDA and the USDA archives to find out information on the exact nutritional value of my diet! I can't wait to find out exactly what nutrients I'll be getting daily. We'll post that information tomorrow, when I start my diet! For now, wish me luck!

12/1/2010 20:04 -- Nino
There goes my first amazing day of orgasmic glass-eating! For breakfast I ate a delicious shattered vase that my wife made for me. She's so great! She even melted a little bouillon cube onto it for extra flavor. For lunch I ate a glass plate, piece by piece, and then for dinner I had a blown glass sculpture of a fried chicken leg made especially for me to commemorate my little diet! Thanks so much guys, you shouldn't have!

12/2/2010 14:25 -- Nino
Just finished eating a delicious lunch of ground up shards-of-glass with maple syrup! Yum! Did you know that glass is a cheaper source of iron and riboflavin than breakfast cereal? The more you know...

12/3/2010 16:45 -- Nino
Today was my son's baseball tournament! Those little boys played their hearts out and lost the championship, but you know what, it's not about winning or losing, it's about fun! So we all went out for pizza and while all of the kids were eating pizza I was eating... shards of glass! I've been having a hard time meeting my 2000 calorie intake eating only shards of glass, and today in spite of having eaten more than twenty shards of glass I only ate 1500 calories! Also I got a really bad nosebleed today! I'm really tired, gonna go to bed. See you all tomorrow! ;)

12/4/2010 21:32 -- Nino
I walked by my favorite Chinese food restaurant and felt the scent of Kung Pao chicken waft into my nostrils today, but I resolved to stay strong! My wife even made me a sort of shards-o-glass stir fry to lighten my mood! Unfortunately, I began to bleed out of my eyes and ruined the whole dish! Sorry, hon!

12/5/2010 10:30 -- Nino
I feel like absolute s*** today and I called out of work. Maybe eating only shards of glass every day for two months wasn't such a great idea? Or maybe it's something completely unrelated! Either way, not feeling well, and blood has started to drip out of my right ear and its making hearing pretty hard! On another note, shards of glass are a great source of Vitamin C! I'm gonna go back to bed though! Talk to you tomorrow!

12/6/2010 12:15 -- Nino
There is blood all over my house and I'm starting to feel faint! My wife made me glass loaf- sort of like meat loaf, but with nothing but glass and calorie-less sauce- and get this, my nose literally fell off! My son started crying, and I told him, son, nobody likes a quitter! So here I am, on day 6, with some sort of awful disease, and I'm still eating nothing but shards of glass!

12/7/2010 16:22 -- O'Reily

No comments:

Post a Comment